Ready to learn the secret to a truly delicious Lamb Tikka Masala recipe? Many think of this dish as the national dish of India, and for good reason. Bursting with delicate aromas, fragrant spices, and tender, succulent morsels of lamb, this dish is as close to perfection as you can get.
By the end of this article, you’ll be able to prepare your own version of this classic – one that your friends and family will be raving about for days. To give you a taste of what’s yet to come, we’ll begin with a quote from the iconic Edward Charles Lipton: “If you can’t make a good Lamb Tikka Masala, you can’t call yourself a cook!
You’ll be able to do just that by the end of this article – and have everyone calling you a master chef for weeks to come.
Also this easy to make Lamb Tikka Masala recipe can be made on the stove top or in your instant pot / slow cooker. It is made with a box of pre-made tikka masala recipe.
SPICES FOR LAMB TIKKA MASALA
To make this recipe easy for the home cook, it is best to use a pre-made Tikka masala spice mix as seen below.
HOW TO MAKE LAMB TIKKA MASALA
- Start by marinating the lamb cubes by placing it in a medium bowl along with the yogurt, garlic/ginger paste and tikka masala spice mix.
- Mix to coat the lamb and cover it to place in the fridge ideally for an hour or more. Overnight is best as the yogurt helps to tenderize it also.
- Then get out your grill and either grill the lamb till cooked or pan frying also works. Remove and set them aside.
- Next add the cooking oil or ghee/butter to a large pot and sauté the onions till translucent.
- Next add in the pure passata tomato sauce and cook till the oil separates.
- Add in 1 more tbsp of tikka masala powder and fry till fragrent roughly 2 mins.
- Pour in some water and cream and season with salt to taste.
- Add back in the cooked lamb cubes and cover over low heat to cook for one hour. Stirring every 15 mins!
- Before serving add in 1 more tbsp of butter.
WHAT TO EAT WITH LAMB TIKKA MASALA
- Naan Bread > my sister site has the best recipe 🙂
- Basmati rice
- Another side dish
I hope you give this recipe a try it is absolutely delicious and once you get the hang of preparing it. It will come as second nature to you like it does me.
Tried this recipe? Mention @easycurryrecipes or tag #easycurryrecipes ! The recipe instructions noted here are the property of Easy Curry Recipes and subject to copyright.
- 500 gram Boneless lamb cubes
- 1 cup of water
- 2 butter or ghee
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 large chopped tomatoes
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1,2 tbsp Garlic paste
- ½ tbsp Ginger paste
- 3 tbsp of Tikka Masala powder
- 3 tbsp Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Salt
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1085Total Fat: 89gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 56gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 3112mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 48g