Rajma Curry is one of the most popular and flavorful dishes in Indian cuisine. Rich in flavor and made with a variety of spices, the dish is sure to impress guests and family members alike. With the right ingredients and a little bit of time, anyone can learn to make Rajma Curry and enjoy it in the comfort of their own home.
Let’s explore the flavors and origins of Rajma Curry and share with you the secrets of how to replicate this flavorful dish in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Origins of Rajma Curry
Comes from North Indian state of Punjab where Rajma is still most popular.
WHAT IS RAJMA CURRY
It is a Vegan Curry made with Onions, Garlic, Ginger, Tomatoes, Kidney beans and many different spices.
RAJMA WITH RAJMA MASALA
What makes this dish so quick and easy to make is the boxed Masala Powder.
RAJMA MASALA POWDER
Is what I always use to make this dish. It can be found on AMAZON which I linked below.
RAJMA IS RICH IN
Protein, fiber along with iron, copper, folate, manganese, potassium and Vitamin K1.
This dish has a wonderful depth of smells and flavor that you’re sure to remember, kidney beans never tasted so good!
I have experimented with plenty of curries for some time now, so you can trust me when I say this recipe is a sure winner.
Now that you know what Rajma Curry is and how to make it, why not give it a try yourself? Go ahead and get creative with different recipes and ingredients, and find what works best for you. Don’t forget to share your favorite Rajma Curry recipes with us in the comments!
WHAT TO EAT WITH RAJMA CURRY
- Naan Bread > my sister site has the best recipe 🙂
- Basmati rice
- Another side dish
I hope you give this recipe a try it is absolutely delicious and once you get the hang of preparing it. It will come as second nature to you like it does me.
Tried this recipe? Mention @easycurryrecipes or tag #easycurryrecipes ! The recipe instructions noted here are the property of Easy Curry Recipes and subject to copyright.
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Red Kidney Bean
- 1 large Red Onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger Root, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- Start by soaking the Red Kidney beans overnight or use canned the day of.
- In a large pot add the oil and butter along with the chopped red onion and sweat.
- Next add in the chopped tomatoes and then the ground garam masala powder.
- Fry for one minute before adding in the fresh ginger and garlic paste along and cook on low heat another 3 minutes till fragrant.
- Add in the Red Kidney Beans and remaining spices.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and serve with Jasmine rice!
Season with fresh fenugreek leaves and cilantro!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 18gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g